8 Common Mistakes which affect Performance of Bulk Milk Cooling Tank
- Choose the right capacity of the milk cooling tank. If you overload the tank it will increase cooling time and power consumption and it will be a concern if the milk-collecting vehicle does not arrive on time. And in case of a small amount of milk it may cause Icing and delay in cooling as well.
- The room temperature should not fall below 5°C or exceed 30°C, depending on climatic conditions. In this temperature range, the cooling unit is operated under appropriate conditions without the intake of an excessive amount of energy.
- To ensure a free flow of air, distance from the cooling unit to the wall should not be less than 30 cm.
- The tank spread should be about 1/4 to 1/3 of the floor area of the room.
- It is recommended that special air intake is installed. The inlet should be placed in the wall in front of the condenser. The vent should be provided with a movable shutter. Warm air coming from the unit should be removed from the room. To do this, install the outlet of hot air, as high as possible and away from the air inlet. The inlet should be fully open during the summer heat; Intake should be reduced by 90-95% when the outside temperature falls below 5°C.
- The cooling tank should have a separate power outlet fused matched to the power of compressor with overload protection, current circuit breaker and phase change protection at least.
- The tank should be washed as quickly as possible to prevent drying milk residues on its walls. Cleaning right after emptying milk is much easier and more effective. Do not use a hard brush made of metal or other abrasive materials. Remember to wash the outer surface of the tank. Products used to wash the tank should effectively remove milk residues from the surface of the walls of the tank. Not to destroy the surface of the tank.
- Once a month you should clean the surface of the condenser with a dry nylon brush. Dust on the condenser reduces productivity, increases the cooling time and increases energy consumption.
Milk Cooling At Its Best-Chadha Delta Bulk Milk Cooling Tanks
latest technology which preserves milk, maintain the freshness and hygiene of milk for a maximum period.