A milk testing kit is designed to detect adulteration in milk, Adulteration refers to the incorporation of low-grade products into the original product to increase profit, these low-grade items are known as adulterants which considerably affect the quality of milk and also pose health risks. Milk testing kits give people an easy way to check the quality of the milk at home.
Milk is a nutrition-rich liquid that people consume on a daily basis, it has many health benefits. Adulterated milk on the other hand, if consumed on a daily basis will have an adverse effect on your health. Milk is often adulterated to increase its volume, and shelf-life- life or enhance its appearance. Milk testing kits can be used to detect all these factors and help you make the right choice. The most common adulterants in milk include- starch, urea, detergent, sodium bicarbonate, water, neutralizers, etc.
Milk Testing Kit for Home
If you experience any of the following things, you should definitely buy a milk testing kit and check the quality of the milk.
- If you feel dryness on your tongue after drinking milk.
- Start feeling a sensation of irritation in the throat after drinking milk.
- The color of milk turns yellow while boiling.
- Abnormal flavor and bitter taste.
- Excess foam while shaking.
- Unusual top layer of fat on the surface of milk.
- If you detect symptoms of diarrhea after consuming milk.
The milk testing kit for home is made to make adulteration detection easy at home. It consists of various chemicals that can be used to check the incorporation of starch, urea, or sodium bicarbonate in milk.
Starch Test Using Milk Testing Kit
The milk testing kit includes a starch-detecting reagent that is iodine. Add a few drops of this reagent to the milk sample.
- If the sample turns blue after adding the reagent, the milk is adulterated with starch.
- If the sample turns light yellow after adding the reagent, the milk is free of starch adulterants
Adverse effects of starch on health- It is added to mask the presence of water in milk, starch may cause diarrhea, gastrointestinal problems, and other digestion-related problems. It may also interfere with the absorption of nutrients and decrease their nutritional quality.
Urea Test Using a Milk Testing Kit
The milk testing kit includes a urea detection solution which consists of para-dimethyl amino benzaldehyde. Take a small amount of milk, to this add the same amount of this urea detection reagent.
- If the solution turns deep yellow, it is adulterated with urea.
- If the solution changes into a light yellow color, it is not adulterated with urea.
Adverse effects of urea on health- It is added to increase the viscosity and protein content of milk. It affects the health of consumers negatively, its consumption results in kidney damage, dehydration, and nausea.
Sodium Bicarbonate Test Using Milk Testing Kit
The home milk testing kit includes a soda detection reagent which consists of 1% rosalic acid. Add a few drops of this reagent to the milk sample.
- If the solution turns pink after adding the reagent, milk is adulterated with sodium bicarbonate.
- If the solution turns light orange, the milk is free from this adulterant.
Adverse health effects of sodium bicarbonate on health- It is added to the milk to neutralize its acidity and increase the shelf life of milk. It affects the quality and safety of milk and also degrades the nutritional value of milk.
The Best Milk Testing Kit- Manufactured by Chadha Sales
Chadha Sales Pvt. Ltd. is a pioneer company in the field of dairy processing equipment. They sell the best cow milk testing kit in India. The results of their milk testing kit are 100% accurate. Their milk testing kit consists of various reagents like detergent detection reagent to detect the presence of detergent in milk, urea detection reagent to detect the presence of urea in milk, soda detection reagent to detect the presence of sodium bicarbonate in milk, and starch detection reagent to detect the presence of starch in milk.
- The price of milk testing kits by Chadha Sales is also pocket-friendly.
- The price of the milk testing kit is Rs.320/- ( GST and courier charges included ).
- They have sold more than 20k milk testing kits to date.
Visit their website and buy your milk testing kit for home now! https://chadhasales.com/adulteration-testing-kit/
How Can I Test My Milk at Home?
You can easily test the purity of milk at home by using the milk testing kit which consists of various reagents to detect the presence of adulterants in milk.
How Can You Tell About the Purity of Milk Without a Lactometer?
You can tell about the purity of milk without a lactometer by using the home milk testing kit. In the kit, there are various reagents with help to detect adulteration in milk.
How is Milk Adulterated?
Milk is adulterated by using substances that are low grade and which affect the quality of milk like sodium bicarbonate, urea, starch, detergent, water, etc.
What Are the Effects of Milk Adulteration on Health?
Milk adulteration adversely affects our health, it degrades the quality of milk, and it can cause various digestive issues, kidney damage, nausea, etc.